The Pacific Northwest heat wave has waned quite a bit but nobody needs to twist my arm to eat tasty frozen treats! These pops turned out tasty and creamy with a bright lemony flavor that I love.
Tasty Pop Flavor #2: Blueberry Lemon pops
Blueberry Lemon Pop Recipe:
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup vanilla flavored whole milk yogurt (I used Stonyfield)
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1) Prepare pudding by whisking the pudding mix and the milk together in a bowl.
2) Zest the lemon and juice the inside to get 1 Tbsp of juice.
3) Mix 3/4 cup of prepared pudding mix (set the rest aside to eat or use for a different pop recipe), yogurt and 1 Tbsp lemon juice together in a bowl until well blended. Fold in lemon zest and blueberries.
4) Pour into popsicle molds or dixie cups and freeze
I like to use dixie cups for molds and baby spoons or forks for sticks. If you go this route, use cupcake liners to both label the pop flavor and hold sticks upright during freezing. I've shown how I do the pop molding/labeling at the bottom of the post for Pop-Mania Part 1.
We like to party....